BallyFA - a Bally MPU based on a low cost FPGA
This is a 1:1 functional replacement to a original Bally MPU, without the additional features of a LISY35, but with much faster boot and lower costs. You can build a BallyFA for less than 50 Euros!
- preassembled PCB (see section 'how to order your BallyFA PCB' below)
- FPGA plus USB Blaster, see here
- a few other 'standard' components, see Reichelt shop cart below
- the program ('pof file') for the FPGA
- the Bally Roms on a micro SD card (see 'SD card image' below)
At the moment 49 different Bally Games and 4 Stern games along with their 'free play' and '7digit' variants ( 128 in sum) are supported and can be selected via Dip switch 'Game Selection.
For each game BallyFA all software settings, Highscores, .. are stored independently.
Digikey list provided by Jeff! Many Thanks